HDMI 2.1 Increased Bandwidth to 48Gbps
The increase in maximum bandwidth compared to previous versions is achieved by increasing both the bitrate of the data channels.
Display Stream Compression
A new feature included in the 2.1 Specification is Display Stream Compression (DSC) 1.2. This is used for video formats higher than 8K with 4:2:0.
Variable Refresh Rate
Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid motion in games.
Quick Media Switching
Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank screens before content is displayed.
• Gold plated connectors for maximum conductivity and 28AWG.
• Backwards compatible to earlier HDMI™ versions.
• Supports Display Stream Compression (DSC) 1.2.
• Supports (U)HD resolutions up to 8K @ 60Hz.
• Supports (U)HD resolutions up to 4K @ 120Hz.
• Supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC).
• Supports static- and dynamic HDR Metadata.
• Support for VRR, QMS, QFT and Auto Low Latency Mode.